Salmon Arm’s Largest and Most Well Equipped Fitness Facility!
WE ARE OPEN!
HOURS – Phase 1
Monday to Friday 5:30am to 8:00pm,
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am to 5:30pm, and Holidays 8:00am to 4:00pm.
We are thrilled to be opening on Wednesday May 20th. That being said, we have many new restrictions and guidelines we need to follow. Our re-opening will be in phases.
HOURS: Phase 1
- Monday to Friday 5:30am to 8:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 7:00am to 5:30pm, and Holidays 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Group Fitness Classes – June 1/20 – Max 10 per class, will need to book in the day before, new schedule available shortly.
Tanning – June 1/20 – Will need to book a time, and there will be waiting times in between bookings so staff can clean the bed and room.
RESTRICTIONS: Phase 1
- No showers
- No childminding or use of that room
- No saunas
- No water fountain (water filling station open so bring a water bottle)
- No table, no coffee groups
- Clean indoor shoes must be carried in
- Please cover up enough that no bare skin touches equipment
- No sweat towels, you must bring your own towel
- Encourage members to come dressed in workout attire, change rooms should be for washroom, lockers and handwashing stations
- Limits on the total number of members/guests allowed in the gym “Gym Capacity”
- Limits on the number of members/guests allowed in each area “Room Capacity”
- Will need to wait outside if more than 2 people waiting to sign in, signage and markings will be visible
Must sign in, do a health screening and initial, and sign out when you leave (mandatory, we need to track our numbers for Interior Health) For now this will be first come first serve, if this doesn’t seem to work we may go to a system of booking online or by phone.
Staff may ask you to wait to enter or may ask you to use another room/area of the gym if the gym or room capacity is exceeded, generally our busiest times are 6:30am to 10:30am and 4:30pm to 7:00pm. Keep this in mind if this is the time you usually come to the gym. Some cardio equipment has been marked off, Not in Service, please do not use this equipment, we have had to close them down to maintain social distancing requirements. A lot of the weight equipment has allowable spacing but there are still some pieces that we were not able to move. Please stagger the use on these pieces to maintain distance requirements. Please wipe down every piece of equipment that you use thoroughly with the Sanitizer provided in bottles throughout the facility. No sharing of equipment. Please be respectful of others space.
We have always prided ourselves on our cleanliness at STF. We will be increasing our cleaning/sanitizing of the entire facility on a hourly basis. We have 6 hand washing stations for members and guests and hand sanitizing stations and bottles throughout the facility.
Memberships will no longer be frozen as of May 20, 2020, we are willing to keep a hold on for one more month, you must let us know by May 31/2020. This is for paid in full memberships and legacy or corporate monthly memberships. Please be patient, restrictions will be rescinded slowly in Phase 2, 3 and 4. Things will get better as we get used to this new way. For more detail please see Shuswap Total Fitness Safety/Re-Opening Plan on our website.
Jim & Christine,
Shuswap Total Fitness